GAMBIER PARRY MONUMENT, IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 14 METRES SOUTH OF PRIEST'S DOOR IN CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305321
Date first listed:
18-Oct-1985
Statutory Address:
GAMBIER PARRY MONUMENT, IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 14 METRES SOUTH OF PRIEST'S DOOR IN CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GAMBIER PARRY MONUMENT, IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 14 METRES SOUTH OF PRIEST'S DOOR IN CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305321 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 12:47:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
GAMBIER PARRY MONUMENT, IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 14 METRES SOUTH OF PRIEST'S DOOR IN CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Forest of Dean (District Authority)
Parish:
Churcham
National Grid Reference:
SO 76864 18184

Details

SO 71 NE CHURCHAM CHURCH LANE

11/26 Gambier-Parry monument, in churchyard, about 14m south of priest's door in chancel, Church of St. Andrew

GV II

Pillar; 1845; stone, column appears to be rendered, on a core. Plain cross on square base on top of column, cut off square with no capital. Double-roll base, on square plinth with chamfered top, on flat base: edge of base furrowed vertically, except at corners where short length furrowed horizontally. Commemorates Edward, infant son of Thomas Gambier-Parry, died 1845, and earlier infant, died in Italy in 1843. Inscriptions on column; Roman numerals.

Listing NGR: SO7686418184

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
125559
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Mar 2006
Reference: IOE01/15370/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Terence J Devine. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].