MANOR FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305324
Date first listed:
26-Feb-1976
Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305324 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 16:35:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR FARM HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Aldborough
National Grid Reference:
TG 18741 34604

Details

TG 13 SE ALDBOROUGH THURGARTON

5/14 Manor Farm House 26:2:76 - II

House. Dated 1638. Flint, brick, brick dressings; pantile roof. Flint plinth. Rectangular on plan. Front of 4 bays, 2 storeys. C20 door to second bay. Leaded casements of 1983/4 to ground floor in earlier openings with brick reveals under hood moulds. Leaded mullions of 1983/4 to upper storey also with brick reveals under hood moulds. To extreme left of front to ground and first floor blocked single light opening with ovolo moulded brick surround with remains of rendering; chamfered reveals rendered in imitation of ashlar. Also blocked 2 light opening to left of door with ovolo moulded mullion. Alternating brick diamond and heart pattern set into flint between floors. Brick quoins between third and later fourth bay; fourth bay brick dentil eaves cornice. 2 internal gable stacks, one axial stack. Left hand gable in English bond. 2 blocked attic windows, reveals rendered in imitation of ashlar. Outshut to fourth bay at rear. Outshut to right hand gable wall. Interior. Ovolo moulding to spine beam and cross beam in downstairs room. Brick fireplace with shallow arched head to upper room. Wooden lintel of door, now moved to cupboard, with 1638 carved on it.

Listing NGR: TG1874134604

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
224462
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/13416/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian R. Faulkner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].