CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1305355
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305355 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 12:49:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
North Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Helhoughton
National Grid Reference:
TF 86908 26523

Details

TF 82 NE HELHOUGHTON THE STREET (north) 6/14 6/3/59 Church of All Saints.

II*

Parish Church. Perpendicular west tower, nave largely rebuilt late C18, Decorated chancel. Flint with stone and some brick dressings, slated roofs, leaded tower roof. West tower cut down at belfry-stage. Perpendicular west door with double hollow chamfered four-centred arch with fleurons and ball- flowers. Six panel Gothickheaded doors of c.1790. Simple rectangular belfry- opening. 3 bay nave, all details of c.1790. 3 south and 2 north 3-light windows with switch tracery, stone quoins, brick arches, wooden tracery and leaded lights. Brick modillion cornice frieze. Early C14 2 bay chancel, blank to north, 2 Decorated 2-light cusped windows with priest's door in between to south. 3-light Decorated east window under brick arch with drip moulds; tracery suggests C17 or C18 re-arrangement. Interior with Perpendicular tower arch, treble hollow chamfered to west, double to east. Simple segmental nave plaster ceiling c.1790. Chancel arch c.1790 with wooden capitals. Stone font, base with 5 attached shafts, chamfered corners with rounded spurs, octagonal bowl. Chancel with trefoil headed piscina and early C19 arched braced roof. Brass with heart in hands, C15. Early C17 Stuart Royal Arms, but with A( nna) R(egina) monogram and date 1705 added.

Listing NGR: TF8690826523

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
223846
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/04690/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian R. Faulkner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].