CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1305377

Date first listed: 06-Mar-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, MILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305377 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 10:39:30.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, MILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Ryburgh

National Grid Reference: TF 96206 27269

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 92 NE GREAT RYBURGH MILL ROAD

8/10 Church of St. Andrew. 6/3/59 II*

Parish Church. Norman round-tower and west end, Perpendicular nave and chancel details, Decorated north and south transepts. Late C19 south porch. Flint with stone dressings, slated roof; carstone base of tower and quoins to north-west corner of nave. Tower with Perpendicular west door, round headed lancets, octagonal belfry stage c.1300 with switch tracery belfry windows and 2-light Decorated windows; internally Norman tower arch. 3 bay nave with 2 north and 2 south 3-light windows. Blocked and part cut down 2-light Perpendicular windows to east nave bay and east nave gable suggest removed clerestorey storey. South transept with 2 straight-headed east and west windows, south 3-light reticulated Decorated window. North transept with 2 2-light Decorated east window, 3-light Decorated north window with quatrefoils. Chancel with 2 north and south Decorated 3-light windows, and recut Perpendicular east window. Filled in Perpendicular north window. Perpendicular south priest's door. Interior with Perpendicular north and south transept and chancel arches. South transept with 2 arched recesses in south wall and piscina in east wall. 1914-1918 memorial screen in arch. Chancel with south window sedilia, piscina and north aumbry recess. Roof mixed Renaissance and late Gothic details worked in plaster by Comper 1912. Comper alabaster and gilt reredos. Chancel north 2 superimposed sections of a C16 Renaissance wall tomb, upper part coloured. Glass throughout 1868-1875 in archaic 1840s style.

Listing NGR: TF9620627269

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223842

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing