This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ABBEY FARM HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ABBEY FARM HOUSE

List entry Number: 1305459

Location

ABBEY FARM HOUSE, CHURCH GREEN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

District Type: District Authority

Parish: West Acre

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 13-Apr-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 221914

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WEST ACRE CHURCH GREEN (south side) TF 7815

10/46 Abbey Farm House 19.10.51. (formerly listed as Priory Gatehouse and remains in Abbey Farm buildings).

G.V. II

Farmhouse. C18, c.1900 additions and details, possibly incorporating earlier core of monastic remains of Priory of St. Mary and All Saints. Red brick, slate roofs. 2 storeys, of 3 or more builds. 2 window range at east, 2 window returned gable wing off centre, 2 window centre, 2 window c.1900 addition at west. Garden front east range has one ground floor and 2 first floor sashes with glazing bars, one ground floor French door. Returned wing has one ground and 2 first floor sashes with glazing bars, one part glazed door. Centre has one c.1900 ground floor canted bow addition with 3 plate glass sashes, one first floor tripartite and one single sash with glazing bars. One part glazed door. c.1900 addition at west has one ground and. one first floor sash with glazing bars. Hipped gabled advance bay with one ground floor c.1900 canted bow addition with 3 plate glass sashes, one first floor Venetian window with sashes with glazing bars under rubbed arches. c.1900 wooden modillion eaves cornice. One east, one south, one west end gable stacks, one ridge stack, all diamond pattern shafts of c.1900. East range rear has outshut root. Second pile at rear centre with reused masonry west gable.

Listing NGR: TF7811415136

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 78114 15136

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305459 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 02:13:37.

End of official listing