SERVICE WING TO EAST OF HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1305519

Date first listed: 28-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: SERVICE WING TO EAST OF HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of SERVICE WING TO EAST OF HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305519 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 15:39:52.

Location

Statutory Address: SERVICE WING TO EAST OF HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Felbrigg

National Grid Reference: TG 19316 39404

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FELBRIGG FELBRIGG PARK TG 13 NE 5/24 Service Wing to East of Hall G.V. II* Former Estate offices, part now used as shop by National Trust. Circa 1750 by James Paine, remodelled and enlarged by W.J. Donthorn in 1825. Brick partly rendered with Roman cement. Rectangular range fronted by long passage and flanked by projecting wings. Symmetrical facade of 7 bays, a flat-roofed corridor added or remodelled by Donthorn in 1825. The bays separated by pilasters, the first, third, fifth and seventh bays having 4-light windows with Y-tracery glazing bars and transom under 4-centred arch. Similarly glazed double-leaved door to centre bay. Second and sixth bays blank. Low brick parapet. Set back behind this is Paine's 2 storey range with rendered central 3-bays under pediment. 2-light leaded casements. Cupola over with clock to south face, lead roof and weather vane. Left hand 2 bays brick with similar casements. To right a rendered screen wall. Flanking these 7 bays are single bay gabled wings added in 1825 with 4-light windows having Y- tracery glazing bars and 2 transoms. Parapet. Shaped gable. To the rear is a courtyard, the west range of 2 storeys having sash windows with glazing bars. To the north a 2 storey range with C20 fenestration. The eastern wing is made up of a single storey and an outbuilding item No. 5/23 (q.v).

Listing NGR: TG1931039400

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223263

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 29 Norfolk,

End of official listing