This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ANCILLARY BUILDINGS AT STANLEY MILLS TO EAST OF MAIN BUILDING

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ANCILLARY BUILDINGS AT STANLEY MILLS TO EAST OF MAIN BUILDING

List entry Number: 1305674

Location

ANCILLARY BUILDINGS AT STANLEY MILLS TO EAST OF MAIN BUILDING

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Stroud

District Type: District Authority

Parish: King's Stanley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Nov-1976

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Feb-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 131899

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 8104 KING'S STANLEY RYEFORD

10/25 Ancillary buildings at Stanley Mills to east of main building 24.11.76 (previously listed with gatelodge)

GV II

Storage and ancillary buildings. Dated 1815, for Harris and Maclean. Flemish bond red brick; ashlar limestone dressings; Welsh slate roof. Two-storey range: long range with return to west at south end. West side: 10-window fenestration, all segmental-arched casements; various doorways, some with timber stairs to upper floor. Ashlar plinth swept down at north end matching that on Stanley Lodge (q.v.); plain ashlar band at upper floor level; chamfered alternating quoins; hipped roof. Doorway towards north end has date 1815 below gauged brick flat arch; double doors. Square brick ridge-mounted chimney at north end. North end: upper floor Venetian window with gauged brick arch; multi-paned sashes. East side: 14 well-spaced upper floor small- paned casements with gauged brick flat arches. Continuous upper floor plain band and stepped plinth. Occasional doorway with gauged brick arch. Returns at south end with block running between River Frome and main mill building (q.v.). Interior not inspected. Screens yard to north of main mill building and forms part of grouping with Stanley Lodge at entrance to site.

Listing NGR: SO8123004268

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SO 81230 04268

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305674 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2018 at 11:30:26.

End of official listing