ROW OF 7 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2M EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305675
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
ROW OF 7 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2M EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROW OF 7 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2M EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305675 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 21:04:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
ROW OF 7 MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 2M EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
West Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Lamerton
National Grid Reference:
SX4512277078

Details

LAMERTON LAMERTON SX 47 NE 3/48 - Row of 7 monuments in the churchyard about, 2m east of chancel of Church of St Peter GV II Row of 7 headstones. C18. Slate. To Daniel Condy, 1785, with scrolled top and fluted panel with head of cherub and wings, carved sides and verse, good lettering. To John Cundy, 1774, square top with moulded border and good lettering. To William Condy, 1749, square top with moulded border, panel at top with cherub's head and naturalistic feathered wings, vase with stylised flowers and fine lettering. To William Cundy, 1786, scrolled top with fluted pilasters, head of cherub and wings, decorative carved borders and verse. To John Condy, 1769, nowy-headed with vase of stylised flowers, moulded border and verses. To John Condy, scrolled top with head of cherub and wings, inscription panel with carved border and verse below. To John Condy, 1738, nowy-headed with plain moulded border, good lettering.

Listing NGR: SX4512277078

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
93944
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/13119/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Graham Kirkpatrick. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].