CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1305722

Date first listed: 06-Mar-1959

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305722 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 11:00:22.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Gunthorpe

National Grid Reference: TG 01203 35228

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TG 03 NW GUNTHORPE GUNTHORPE 4/86

6.3.59 Church of St Mary

II*

Parish Church. Flint with brick dressings and variegated green and blue slated roof. Perpendicular west tower, nave and north transept; south porch and chancel restored 1863-1864 presumably by Frederick Preedey of Worcester architect, designer of the stained glass. West tower of 4 stages with buttresses, three 2-light belfry windows west window of C18 honeycomb brick; chequer work battlements. Nave three 3-light Perpendicular windows to south. Two 3-light to north. Three-light transept north window. Chancel one 2-light Perpendicular south window; one C19 window EE 2-light; east window c1400 3-light Decorated with lozenges quatrefoils. South porch by Preedey with Annunciation group in niche in gable. South door and blocked nave north door of c1300. C15 font. Nave roof and chancel details of 1863-64; cahncel arch low. Te Deum reredos, arched braced nave and chancel roofs. High Victorian stained glass; east window 1863 by William Warrington, 4 chancel windows, one nave and one tower west window designed by Preedey.



Listing NGR: TG0120335228

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223582

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing