BUTCHER'S ARMS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305756
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1985
Statutory Address:
BUTCHER'S ARMS, CHAPEL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BUTCHER'S ARMS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305756 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 21:25:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
BUTCHER'S ARMS, CHAPEL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Mickleton
National Grid Reference:
SP 15892 43615

Details

SP 1443-1543 MICKLETON CHAPEL LANE (north side)

11/80 Butcher's Arms



II

Inn, later public House. C17, C19 and C19/20. C17 part square panelled, timber framing with brick infill. Gable end to road, partly limestone; C19 extension left, brick with dentiled eaves; both under tiled roof. C17 part with ashlar end stacks, one with brick top. C19 extension left with brick end stack. C19/20 single storey extension with corrugated roof attached to gable end of C17 block and flat roofed extension to rear of C19 block not of listable quality. C17 block has gable end to road. C19 block attached left, running parallel to road, flush with and replacing part of gable end of C17 main body. 2 storeys. 2-windowed: 2- light, C19 casements with segmental brick heads and horizontal glazing bars. Unpainted, C20 plank door with single light and decorated strap hinges. Interior, flagged floors and deep chamfered beams in C17 part.

Listing NGR: SP1588743620

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
126995
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/00295/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].