This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

91 AND 93, WEST STREET

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 91 AND 93, WEST STREET

List entry Number: 1305829

Location

91 AND 93, WEST STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Coggeshall

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-Sep-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 116263

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 8422-8522 COGGESHALL WEST STREET (south side)

9/234 Nos. 91 and 93

GV II

House, now 2 houses. Circa 1600, altered in C20. Timber framed, plastered, roofed with interlocking concrete tiles. 3 bays facing N, with axial stack in middle bay. One-bay rear wing at left end, with internal end stack, and single- storey extension beyond. Extension to right of main range, c.1957, and catslide to rear of this and adjacent bay. 2 storeys. 3-window range of C20 metal casements. 2 early C19 6-panel doors, bottom panels flush, others fielded, in plain doorcases with moulded shallow flat canopies; one stone step. No. 91, at left, has an early C19 straight stair with turned newel and stick balusters, a chamfered axial beam in the rear wing, and on the first floor a borrowed light comprising an early C19 sash of 12 lights. The walls have been raised approximately one metre. In no. 93, at right, a studded partition with trenched curved bracing has been exposed; chamfered axial beam with lamb's tongue stops; large wood-burning hearth with 0.33 metre jambs and rounded internal splays.

Listing NGR: TL8431722421

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 84317 22421

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305829 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2018 at 10:16:43.

End of official listing