STABLE BLOCK IMMEDIATELY WEST OF LONGLANDS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1305855

Date first listed: 20-May-1983

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK IMMEDIATELY WEST OF LONGLANDS FARMHOUSE, THE AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK IMMEDIATELY WEST OF LONGLANDS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305855 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 15:14:49.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK IMMEDIATELY WEST OF LONGLANDS FARMHOUSE, THE AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Holkham

National Grid Reference: TF 88000 39984

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 83 NE HOLKHAM THE AVENUE (West side) 1122/9/58 Stable Block immediately 20.05.1983 West of Longlands Farmhouse

GV II

Stable block. c.1792 with late C19 and C20 alterations. By Samuel Wyatt, for Thomas Coke of the Holkham Estate. Red brick with a pantile roof covering. PLAN: linear south-facing range, with 2-storeyed pavilions with pyramidal roofs to ends. Eastern part with horse yard enclosed by shelter sheds, western half now converted to a dwelling. FRONT (south) ELEVATION: stable doorways with arched heads beneath slightly advanced yellow brick pediments. Window openings with cast iron frames inserted between door openings. Stall dividers remain in situ in the eastern half. The stable block forms part of a fine group of buildings on the Holkham Estate designed by Samuel Wyatt for Thomas Coke.



Listing NGR: TF8800039984

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 223342

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing