CHURCH OF ST GABRIEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1305888

Date first listed: 28-Oct-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GABRIEL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST GABRIEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305888 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 13:34:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST GABRIEL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: West Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Dartmoor Forest

National Park: DARTMOOR

National Grid Reference: SX 65198 79194

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LYDFORD POSTBRIDGE SX 67 NE 12/58 Church of St Gabriel - - II

Church. 1869 by Robert Medley Fulford - his first church. Granite rubble walls and granite dressings. Gable ended slate roof. Plan: Nave and chancel with north porch. Exterior: 2 windows to nave each side of 1 and 3 lights with shouldered heads. Chimney projection between the 2 north windows - cut off above eaves. Chancel has 1-light cusped window on north and south sides. 3-light east window with cinquefoiled and cusped heads. Above division between nave and chancel is belfry at roof apex and another overhanging belfry at the right gable end. Leanto porch against north wall with shouldered-head doorway. Interior: Chancel arch is corbelled from walls and constructed of alternating voissoirs of stone and bricks. Simple A-frame roof to nave, common rafter roof to chancel. Source: White's Directory 1890.

Listing NGR: SX6519879194

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 92790

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Whites Directory' in Whites Directory, (1890)

End of official listing