MANOR HOUSE HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305911
Date first listed:
25-Aug-1960
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE HOTEL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE HOTEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305911 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 01:43:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE HOTEL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Moreton-in-Marsh
National Grid Reference:
SP2046832245

Details

1. 5224 MORETON-IN-THE-MARSH HIGH STREET (east side)

Manor House Hotel SP 2032 SW 2/1 25.8.60

II GV

2. Dated 1658, altered in C18; altered, greatly extended and largely modernised with modern features in C20. Ashlar with parapet band and parapet, modern double pantile roof with modern dormers. Three bay house, with additional 2 bays to left, all brought into one. Two storeys and attics, 5 windows, sashes with glazing bars and, 1, 4, 5 and 6 light stone mullioned casements with dripmoulds. Two-storey gabled porch with Jacobean cornice over modern entrance door. Curvilinear window with cornice. date inscription 1658 "MIPMI" over "SANNO" over "Dom 1658" and cut finials. Similar strapwork lintel over central door in 3 bay section to left of porch. Ashlar ridge stacks. Modern wing in similar character fronting Church Lane. Excellent garden front in 1830s Tudor-Gothic wIth scalloped bargeboards, left hand chimney panelled and crenellated. Interior: first floor of former south-west room has Tudor-arch fireplace with moulded surround and heavily moulded double cornice.

Listing NGR: SP2046832245

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
126684
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/01158/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].