CLEAVE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1305918

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: CLEAVE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLEAVE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305918 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 20:42:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CLEAVE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Mid Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Lapford

National Grid Reference: SS 75337 10546

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LAPFORD SS 71 SE 2/60 - Cleave Farmhouse - II

Farmhouse. Mid C17. Plastered cob on rubble footings; rubble stacks, 1 with original rubble chimney stack, the other topped with C20 brick; slate roof (formerly thatch). 2-room plan house facing south-east with parlour at right (north-east) end with slightly projecting rear lateral stack and kitchen-service room at left (south-west) end with projecting front lateral stack. 2 storeys. 3- window front of early C20 casements with glazing bars vaguely balanced around contemporary door; all set right of kitchen/service stack which includes slate- roofed oven projection and its original chimney shaft. Roof is hipped to right and half-hipped to left. Interior is largely original. Right end parlour has ogee-moulded and scroll-stopped crossbeam with exposed scratch-moulded beams. Parlour fireplace oak lintel removed after fire of circa 1950 but is kept in nearby barn; it has ovolo moulding with scroll stops and a secondary inscription recording the initials IP (the P is the wrong way round) and date 1698. Kitchen/service room has a plain-chamfered axial beam and fireplace has been rebuilt. Roof not inspected.

Listing NGR: SS7533710546

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 96511

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing