TOWN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1305931
Date first listed:
20-Feb-1985
Statutory Address:
TOWN FARMHOUSE, CAMPDEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOWN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1305931 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 02:32:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
TOWN FARMHOUSE, CAMPDEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Ebrington
National Grid Reference:
SP 18388 40126

Details

SP 1840-1940 EBRINGTON CAMPDEN ROAD (south side)

13/30 Town Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. Mid/late C17 farmhouse, early C17 block attached right. Mid/late C17 block: squared limestone built to courses, with ashlar end stacks, with twin flues on left. Early C17 block: limestone rubble with rectangular ashlar chimney stack from right gable end. Both parts under an artificial stone roof. Early C17 block, 2 room plan, 1 room deep. 2 storeys with 2 dormers with 2- light C20 casements. 2, 3-light C20 metal casement windows below, all with glazing bars. Small blocked window, possibly formerly lighting passage. Mid/late C17 block: one room plan, one room depth. 2 storeys with cellar under. 2 windowed. 2 and 3-light stone-mullioned windows with C20 metal casements. Studded door with decorative knocker in shape of hand, up 7 steps, off centre right, in 4 centred arched surround.

Listing NGR: SP1838240124

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
126945
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Jul 2003
Reference: IOE01/10937/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].