NOS 12 AND 14 WITH THE ARCHWAY TO COURT AT REAR OF QUEEN STREET POST OFFICE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306050
Date first listed:
29-Jan-1953
Statutory Address:
NOS 12 AND 14 WITH THE ARCHWAY TO COURT AT REAR OF QUEEN STREET POST OFFICE, 12 AND 14, GANDY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NOS 12 AND 14 WITH THE ARCHWAY TO COURT AT REAR OF QUEEN STREET POST OFFICE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306050 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 21:49:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
NOS 12 AND 14 WITH THE ARCHWAY TO COURT AT REAR OF QUEEN STREET POST OFFICE, 12 AND 14, GANDY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Exeter (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SX 91998 92800

Details

CANDY STREET 1. 1092 (South-west Side) Nos 12 and 14 with the Archway to court at rear of Queen Street Post Office SX 9192 NE 2/177 SX 9292 NW 3/177 29.1.53 II 3 storey, 4 window sashes with glazing bars, some blank, stucco front, circa 1840. Ground floor has 3-light sash windows in recesses with elliptical heads, and an elliptical arch in the centre leads to court at the back of Queen Street Post Office. Roof not visible. Contemporary cast iron gates. Courtyard has rather fine external stairway with cast iron balustrade leading to 1st floor doorway with canopy on brackets. Windows at back of post office are curved on plan.

Listing NGR: SX9200292795

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
89188
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15448/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Ann Allen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].