CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1306255
Date first listed:
30-May-1960
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, NORWICH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306255 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 14:10:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, NORWICH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Breckland (District Authority)
Parish:
Guist
National Grid Reference:
TG 00020 25606

Details

TG 02 NW GUIST NORWICH ROAD (north-side)

2/21 Church of St.Andrew 30.5.60

- II*

Parish church. Medieval and later. Flint with ashlar dressings. Plaintile roofs. Western tower; nave with north aisle and south porch; chancel. Un- buttressed tower, probably C16, with canted stair turret to south. Restored 2-light Y-traceried west window, quatrefoil sound holes, plain 2-light bell- openings with 4-centred heads and parapet. Nave with one 2-light and one 3-light panel traceried late Perpendicular windows with flat heads to south. North aisle of 1889 with 5 trefoil lancets. C13 plain chamfered south door with hood mould. Chancel of 1881 by H.Green of Norwich. Porch of 1907.' interior. Perpendicular tower arch with 3 plain chamfered orders on semi- circular responds. North arcade of 1889 in Early English style with columns and ovolo-moulded arches. Good C18 and C19 wall tablets in chancel to the Norris and Wigget families. 2 windows with Victorian stained glass.

Listing NGR: TG0002025606

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
220673
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/07614/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Cyril Bush. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].