WARLIES PARK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306282
Date first listed:
22-Mar-1974
Statutory Address:
WARLIES PARK HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WARLIES PARK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306282 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 23:44:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
WARLIES PARK HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Epping Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Waltham Abbey
National Grid Reference:
TL 41440 01303

Details

UPSHIRE 1. 1767 Warlies Park House TL 40 SW 7/194 II GV 2. Late C18 and early C19 stucco house of 2 storeys with sash windows in reveals, cornice and low parapet, Welsh slated hipped roof. Entrance front, remodelled 1879 by S S Teulon, of grey brick with sasy windows under red and black brick segmental arches. 2 storey stucco bay with porch. Heavy brackets to cornice. Long north wing added by Teulon 1879, similar to entrance front but with casement windows, central steeple, gable on left oversailing ground floor on 4 large black painted brackets. Roundel in gable carries date. VCH, v, pp.154, 155. The original C18 staircase was removed in the 1920's to Woodredon House.

Warlies Park House, temple and obelisk form a group.

Listing NGR: TL4144001303

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
117706
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Essex, (1966), 154 155

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/03632/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alan Simpson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].