THE RYES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1306332

Date first listed: 22-Aug-1986

Statutory Address: THE RYES

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RYES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306332 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:39:05.

Location

Statutory Address: THE RYES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Little Henny

National Grid Reference: TL 86029 38539

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE HENNY TL 83 NE 5/104 The Ryes

GV II

House, now private school. Built 1809, by Robert Lugar, extended and altered in 1884 by F.F. Bishop. Grey gault brick, with grey slate roof. 2 storeys. 3 bays, with centre recessed, wings left and right, both originally gabled, the left hand wing is now hipped. South west wing is addition of 1884, masking south front. 3:1:1 window range; early and late C19 vertical sliding sashes with glazing bars. Original central stone Doric portico with pairs of fluted columns and entablature. E end rear has 2 storey semi-circular bay window, with 3 early C19 vertical sliding sashes with glazing bars, above and below. Wide oversailing eaves with paired brackets. Internally much original detailing survives including doors, fire surrounds and ceilings. The dining room has Egyptian columns and pilasters, segmental sashes and shutters. Service wing on north-west side, with large late C19 staircase.

Listing NGR: TL8602938539

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 115825

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing