125 AND 127, NEWLAND STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306351
Date first listed:
01-Mar-1950
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Feb-1973
Statutory Address:
125 AND 127, NEWLAND STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 125 AND 127, NEWLAND STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306351 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 12:27:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
125 AND 127, NEWLAND STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Braintree (District Authority)
Parish:
Witham
National Grid Reference:
TL 81974 14300

Details

1. 1841 NEWLAND STREET (South-East Side) Nos 125 & 127 (Formerly listed under 127 High Street)

TL 8114 2/72 1.3.50.

II GV

2. A C17 timber-framed and plastered house with 4 gables on the front. Much altered, and renovated in the C20. 2 storeys. 4 window range C20 3-light casements. The doorway to No 125 is approached by steps with iron handrails and No 127 has a Victorian gabled porch with ornamental bargeboards and spiral cast iron columns. Roofs tiled, with a restored chimney stack with 2 diagonal shafts. No 127 has an original staircase with turned balusters and No 125 has the remains of an original staircase. RCHM (33).

Nos 117 to 129 (odd) form a group with No 118 and Nos 124 to 128 (even).

Listing NGR: TL8197414300

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
113568
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Essex Central and South West, (1921)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Feb 2003
Reference: IOE01/10144/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr M W Keogh. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].