CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1306499

Date first listed: 30-May-1960

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306499 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2018 at 10:42:14.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: Breckland (District Authority)

Parish: Weasenham All Saints

National Grid Reference: TF 85080 21612

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 82 SE WEASENHAM ALL SAINTS CHURCH LANE 2/49 Church of All Saints 30.5.60 - II*

Parish church. Mainly 1905/6 with medieval north aisle, north arcade and south porch. Flint and ashlar with plaintiled roofs. Aisled nave of 5 bays and chancel with vestry to north. 7 3-light traceried windows in Per- pendicular style re-using some original tracery to south; original yet restored to north. C14 south door with pair of colonnettes with bell capitals. Fine C15 ashlar porch with diagonal buttresses and a moulded archway forming spandrels with blind tracery. Flanked by niches with nodding ogee heads. Plinth with blind arcade. Parapet and pinnacles modern. C14 or C15 north arcade with 2 orders of plain chamfered arches on octagonal piers with moulded capitals. Easternmost respond semicircular. Original chancel arch in similar style. South arcade of 1905/6 in Decorated style. Remains of blocked north clearstorey openings. Screen incorporating 8 original painted dado panels. Restored Jacobean pulpit with arcade and carved lunettes.

Listing NGR: TF8508021612

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 220450

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing