This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1306544



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Stamford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 22-May-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 193717

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


1. 1671 ST MARY'S HILL (East Side) No 1 (Town Hall) TF 0306 1/238 TF 0307 1/238 22.5.54. II* GV 2. 1777. Architect, Lovell. Stands on terrace with 9 stone steps with iron handrail, 3 storeys in ashlar, Rusticated ground floor and chamfered rusticated quoins. 6 windows on top storey flanking central cartouche with town arms. First floor as 2-3-2 windows. Centre section breaks forward, with rusticated quoins. Upper windows have-ornamental architraves with keystones, glazing bars. Panelled parapet and moulded cornice with frieze, similar to that of the window architraves, Ground floor has 6 windows in round-headed architraves with keystone. Band between ground and first floors. Central (modern) double doors under ornamental semi-circular fanlight and another doorway with 6-Panel door has been made out of a window space. For return frontage see ST MARY'S PLACE. Return elevation. 3 storeys, 7 windows, similar build to main front, and also containing cartouche in centre of top floor. 3rd floor windows have replaced glazing bars. Round-arched rusticated doorway with double doors of 4 panels, 2 panels above and semi-circular glazed fanlight.

Nos 1 to 3(consec) form a group Also th return elevation form a group with No 1 to 4 (consec) and the Church of St Mary St Mary's Place.

Listing NGR: TF0305407017

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 03054 07017


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306544 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 07:35:04.

End of official listing