GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS CIRCA 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETROCKS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306612
Date first listed:
09-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS CIRCA 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETROCKS

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS CIRCA 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETROCKS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306612 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 14:42:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS CIRCA 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF WEST TOWER OF CHURCH OF ST PETROCKS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Parracombe
National Park:
EXMOOR
National Grid Reference:
SS6745644930

Details

PARRACOMBE CHURCHTOWN, Parracombe SS 64 SE 6/128 Group of 4 chest tombs circa - 15 metres south-west of west tower of Church of St. Petrocks GV II Group of 4 chest tombs. Late C18 and early C19. Brick plinths with slate slabs. Tomb of Grace Parminter Lock (d.1851) and family. Tomb to Richard Dovell (d.1793) and family by Watts. Urns to head flanking figure of angel blowing trumpet. Tombs to Robert Partridge (d.1838) and family and to Jane (d.1834) and William Dovell (d.1835) both by Nichols with similar design to the heads.

Listing NGR: SS6745644930

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
97106
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/06396/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Pearce. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].