THE OLD LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306699
Date first listed:
15-Nov-1977
Statutory Address:
THE OLD LODGE, LYNN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306699 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 23:53:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD LODGE, LYNN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Middleton
National Grid Reference:
TF 66024 16005

Details

MIDDLETON LYNN ROAD TF 61 NE 5/83 The Old Lodge 15.11.77 - II Former lodge to Middleton Hall (qv). Dated 1837. Finely coursed carstone rubble with gault brick dressings. Fishscale slate roof with gabled ends, the gable ends with elaborate wavey and pierced bargeboards with pendants and finials. 2 axial stacks with pairs of tall octagonal gault brick shafts. Plan: T-shaped on plan with a cross-wing on the right projecting at the front, and as a service wing it projects at the back, where there is a small late C20 extension. The lodge adjoins the stables of Middleton Hall on the right and on the left is the drive entrance. Tudor Gothic style. Exterior: 1 storey. Asymmetrical 2-window south front facing the road with a projecting gabled wing to right and an open porch in the angle with wooden chamfered posts and a lean-to roof against the left side of the wing which has a late C20 door. The windows are in large chamfered gault brick openings, the window frames replaced with late C20 plastic casements. In the gable above the right hand window a stone shield inscribed 'Anno Dom 1837'. Small late C20 single storey brick extension at rear of back wing (north). Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TF6602416005

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221992
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01876/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Graham Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].