THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1306732

Date first listed: 30-May-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306732 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 11:40:09.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: Stow Maries

National Grid Reference: TQ 83419 99343

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STOW MARIES CHURCH LANE TQ 89 NW (west side) 4/113 The Old Rectory GV II House. Circa 1800. Gault brick in Flemish bond, mostly painted, roofed with interlocking concrete tiles. Square plan facing E with 2 internal stacks in left half, and 2 stacks in right return. Original single-storey service wing to right, with hipped slate roof of low pitch. To rear of it, later C19 single-storey extension with gabled roof of slate, and C20 single-storey extension with flat roof. Early C19 extension to left of 2 storeys with pyramidal roof. 2 storeys. The main building has a 3-window range of original sashes of 12 lights with flat brick arches, and a central 6-panel door with blocked overlight. The door and the ground-floor windows are recessed in semi-circular arches. The right wing has 2 C19/C20 sashes. The left extension has one original sash of 8 lights on each floor. Pyramidal roof of low pitch. The rear elevation of the main building has on the ground floor one C20 French window, one original sash of 12 lights and one C20 replacement, and on the first floor 2 original sashes of 12 lights and one C20 replacement, all with flat brick arches. The house is described as 'bricked and slated' in a terrier of 1818, with a garden to the W, a lawn to the S, and a yard and various ancillary buildings to the N which are not now present (July 1985), and 34 acres of arable land (Essex Record Office, D/P 391/3 and D/AEM 2/6).

Listing NGR: TQ8341999343

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 117438

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing