THE OLD BOTTLE AND GLASS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306753
Date first listed:
10-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
THE OLD BOTTLE AND GLASS, WIVENHOE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD BOTTLE AND GLASS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306753 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 00:30:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD BOTTLE AND GLASS, WIVENHOE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Tendring (District Authority)
Parish:
Alresford
National Grid Reference:
TM 05480 21397

Details

ALRESFORD WIVENHOE ROAD TM 02 SE

3/22 The Old Bottle and Glass (formerly known as Ship House)

- II

Cottage. C17/C18 dated 1737. Timber framed and plastered. Red plain tiled roof outshot at rear. Central plastered attached shaft chimney stack. 2 storeys and attics. 3 gabled dormers. 3 small paned windows. Right and left C20 doors. Above the central window is a rectangular niche with plaster relief of a bottle and glass and dated 1737.

Listing NGR: TM0548021397

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
120156
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/07725/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].