THE BELLOWS, THE FORGE, BAYTREE COTTAGE AND OAK COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306904
Date first listed:
19-Jul-1984
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
THE BELLOWS, THE FORGE, BAYTREE COTTAGE AND OAK COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE BELLOWS, THE FORGE, BAYTREE COTTAGE AND OAK COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306904 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 01:24:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE BELLOWS, THE FORGE, BAYTREE COTTAGE AND OAK COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
South Hams (District Authority)
Parish:
Newton and Noss
National Grid Reference:
SX 56863 48103

Details

In the entry for:

SX 54 NE NEWTON AND NOSS MEMBLAND 9/132 The Bellows, The Forge, and Baytree Cottage

GV II

The address shall be amended to read:

SX 54 NE NEWTON AND NOSS MEMBLAND 9/132 The Bellows, The Forge, Baytree Cottage and Oak Cottage GV ------------------------------------

SX 54 NE NEWTON AND NOSS MEMBLAND 9/132 The Bellows, The Forge and Baytree Cottage

GV II

Forge and stable range on the Revelstoke estate, converted into three cottages. Circa 1880-90. Probably by George Davey's Office. Slate rubble with red brick dressings. Slate roofs. Single storey ranges on three sides of a courtyard, with brick Dutch gable ends (on the skew) facing road, and linked by stone wall across fourth side of yard with red brick saddle-back coping and pair of octagonal stone gate piers (asymmetrically placed) with ball finials. Elliptically arched coach house doors in gable ends now blocked. This front is not much altered but the ranges behind have been converted into Cottages and have lost their original features except for a ventilator on the ridge of the north range and half-hipped dormers on the south range. Reference: Country Life, April 29th, 1982, page 1236.

Listing NGR: SX5686348103

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
100413
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 29 April, (1982), 1236

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04435/12
Rights: Copyright IoE John Melling. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].