RIVERSIDE COTTAGE RIVERSIDE COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1306934

Date first listed: 16-Jan-1981

Date of most recent amendment: 30-May-1986

Statutory Address: RIVERSIDE COTTAGE, 5, FERRY ROAD

Statutory Address: RIVERSIDE COTTAGES, 4, FERRY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RIVERSIDE COTTAGE
RIVERSIDE COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306934 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 17:15:10.

Location

Statutory Address: RIVERSIDE COTTAGE, 5, FERRY ROAD

Statutory Address: RIVERSIDE COTTAGES, 4, FERRY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon (District Authority)

Parish: North Fambridge

National Grid Reference: TQ 85232 96960

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH FAMBRIDGE FERRY ROAD TQ 89 NE (west side) 5/72 No.4, Riverside Cottages 16.1.81 and No.5 (Riverside Cottage) Formerly listed as No 4 GV Riverside Cottages and II Riverside Cottage)

Block of 2 attached cottages. C18/early C19. Timber framed, weatherboarded, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Facing E, with one internal stack in front pitch of roof. Lean-to extensions to rear (slated on No.5). 2 storeys and attics. No.4 has one C20 casement with external plain shutters on each floor, and a C20 half-glazed door. No. 5 has one late C19 sash of 16 lights on the ground floor, and one late C19 casement of 4 lights on the first floor, and a plain door with simple fluted jambs and plain canopy. A straight joint through the building and a ripple in the roof indicate that the 2 cottages are of different builds. This block and nos 1-3 (not listed) are enclosed in an isolated sea wall of earth faced with slabs. The tithe award of 1840 shows 2 tenements, and an ancillary building to the rear, since demolished (Essex Record Office, D/CT 133). The Ordnance Survey map of 1873 shows the block increased to 3 cotttages, reduced to 2 again in the Second Edition of 1896.

Listing NGR: TQ8523296960

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 117407

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing