MAUSOLEUM APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306940
Date first listed:
19-Mar-1986
Statutory Address:
MAUSOLEUM APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of MAUSOLEUM APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306940 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 12:30:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
MAUSOLEUM APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES EAST OF UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Braintree (District Authority)
Parish:
Wethersfield
National Grid Reference:
TL7114831319

Details

TL 7031-7131 5/160

WETHERSFIELD THE GREEN (north side) Mausoleum approx. 20 metres east of United Reformed Church

GV II

Mausoleum. Early C19. Red brick in Flemish bond, slate roof. Rectangular plan facing W. One storey. In W gable, blocked central door with segmental arch, and niches to each side with segmental arches enclosing inscribed stone panels, the left to Isaac Legerton, 1832, and other members of the Legerton family, the right to Susanna Mary Ann Ledgerton, 1856, and the other members of the same family, spelled Legerton and Ledgerton, all of Shalford. In gable, oval stone tablet to Mariann Legerton, 1829, aged 15 years, of Shalford. In rear wall, small square aperture with iron grill.

Listing NGR: TL7114831319

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
115672
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/03520/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Perry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].