Francis House (Lloyds Bank)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1306976
Date first listed:
14-Oct-1986
Statutory Address:
Francis House (Lloyds Bank), 78-84, High Street, Rayleigh, SS6 7EB

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1306976.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Nov-2020 at 20:54:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
Francis House (Lloyds Bank), 78-84, High Street, Rayleigh, SS6 7EB

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Rochford (District Authority)
Parish:
Rayleigh
National Grid Reference:
TQ 80586 90712

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 03/08/2020

TQ 8090-8190 7/91 RAYLEIGH HIGH STREET (west side) Nos. 78 to 84 (even) Francis House (Lloyds Bank)

GV II Former house, now a bank. Early/mid C19. Plastered brick. Hipped grey slate roof. Three storeys. Five bays with central raised pediment. Parapet. Band to each storey end and pediment. Pilasters with moulded capitals to first and second floor. 2:1:2 window range of vertically sliding sashes, moulded surrounds, twelve panes to first floor and nine panes to second floor, excepting central first floor double doors. These with anthemion and roundel motifs to cast iron balcony. Five moulded openings to ground floor, those to right and left with six panelled doors, central small paned window with sidelights, small paned door to right and blocked opening to left now with service till. A plaque to first floor relates "Here Lived Edward Belcham Francis, Local Archaeologist and Benefactor who Donated Rayleigh Mount to The National Trust, 1850-1939".

Listing NGR: TQ8058690712

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
123035
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00747/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr M W Keogh. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].