This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

WELL-HOUSE IMMEDIATELY NORTH-EAST OF TUCKETT'S FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WELL-HOUSE IMMEDIATELY NORTH-EAST OF TUCKETT'S FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1307025

Location

WELL-HOUSE IMMEDIATELY NORTH-EAST OF TUCKETT'S FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Teignbridge

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Haccombe with Combe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 02-Dec-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 85787

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HACCOMBE-WITH-COMBE LOWER NETHERTON SX 89 71

15/122 Well-house immediately north-east - of Tuckett's Farmhouse

GV II*

Well-house. Early C20 by Curtis Green, who designed the farmhouse in 1904 and a cottage on the estate at Netherton in 1932. Timber structure with a thatched roof over a stone well (there is no natural water supply feeding the well). Plan: A 3-sided thatched roof, supported on 3 stout timber posts with 3 pegged collar rafter roof trusses with cranked collars and curved angle braces. The posts are decorated at the top with carved diamond patterns. Grey limestone rim to well. This thatched structure is a link between the tiled Vernacular Revival house by Curtis Green and the exceptional collection of thatched buildings in the farmyard at Tuckett's Farm.

Listing NGR: SX8904471834

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 89044 71834

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307025 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 10:26:45.

End of official listing