CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS WITH RAILED TOMB ENCLOSURE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307075

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS WITH RAILED TOMB ENCLOSURE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS WITH RAILED TOMB ENCLOSURE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307075 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:27:21.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS WITH RAILED TOMB ENCLOSURE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Wyham cum Cadeby

National Grid Reference: TF 27781 95103

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WYHAM CUM CADEBY WYHAM TF 29 NE 1/54 Church of 9.3.67 All Saints with railed tomb enclosure G.V. II

Parish church, now closed, and railed tomb enclosure. C13, C14, C16, C17, 1886 restoration by James Fowler of Louth. Chalk rubble with ironstone blocks and red brick, having stone coped slate roofs. Nave with western bellcote, chancel, south porch. West nave wall has early C14 reticulated window of 3 lights, single chamfered surround and moulded hood. Above is a C17 2 light blocked window with central mullion and square surround. Above the centre is set a C12 chevron moulded voussoir. To gable is a C19 single gabled bellcote. North nave wall has 2 C19 2 light windows, and in the chancel 2 C19 lancets and a presumably reset C13 single chamfered pointed niche. Above is a short run of herringbone work, which since it balances a similar panel on the south side may be C19 decoration. At the east end of the chancel an enclosure contains 2 tombs of the Grant family d.1838, with alternating Serpentine and fluted railings, the fluted having shaped tops. The chancel east window is C19 and of 3 lights with intersecting tracery set in an earlier 4 centred arched surround. Chancel and nave south walls match those to north with the addition of a C20 brick porch. The inner C14 doorway has continuous hollow chamfered surround. Interior. C19 chamfered chancel arch with annular corbels. Most fittings have been removed but C19 pulpit and font remain. The stained glass in the east window is by Warrington.

Listing NGR: TF2778195103

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195306

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing