THE OLD INN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307157

Date first listed: 16-Feb-1989

Statutory Address: THE OLD INN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307157 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 16:19:41.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD INN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Torridge (District Authority)

Parish: St. Giles in the Wood

National Grid Reference: SS 53392 18916

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST GILES ST GILES IN THE WOOD SS 53 18 IN THE WOOD 18/255 The Old Inn - GV II

House, former village public house. Circa 1877. Plastered stone rubble; stone stacks with C19 brick chimneyshafts, one is plastered; slate roof. Plan: 1-plan house facing east. The main block is end onto the lane and has a 2-room plan, both rooms heated by a lateral stack in the right (south) side. A kitchen block projects at right angles to north of the rear room and has a gable-end stack. 3 storeys. Exterior: 1-window front. The ground floor window is a canted bay fixed-pane window with glazing bars. The front of the bay has 16-panes to match the 16-pane sashes above. The front doorway is alongside to left and contains a 4-panel door. The roof is hipped to the front. Interior: not inspected. This was a Rolle estate village. The big house in the parish, Stevenstone Court (q.v.), now ruined, was rebuilt in 1872-3, and the whole village, including the Church of St Giles (q.v.), was remodelled shortly afterwards.

Listing NGR: SS5327719008

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 91866

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing