THE OLD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307174

Date first listed: 06-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD HALL, HALL GARTH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307174 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 11:25:40.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD HALL, HALL GARTH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Marshchapel

National Grid Reference: TF 35664 99588

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 39 NE MARSH CHAPEL HALL GARTH LANE

6/39 The Old Hall (formerly listed as The Hall) 6.6.52 II

House. c.1730 with alterations and additions of c.1820 and minor C20 alterations. Red brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings, hipped pantile roof with sandstone dressings to main range with 2 ridge stacks. It is apparent from internal inspection that the roof was originally gabled. U plan, the 2 rear wings are additions of c.1820. 2 storey with attic, 5 bay front arranged 1:3:1, the central 3 bays advanced with pediment. Plinth, first floor gauged brick band and C20 wooden eaves cornice. Central 6 panelled double door with moulded stone architrave with keyblock. Flanked by 2 glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 4 similar windows. Above the door is rectangular sandstone panel with a gnomon for sundial. To pediment a keyed glazing bar oculus. All windows have cambered brick heads with keyblocks. The right hand side front has dogtooth eaves course and central 6 panelled door with early C19 panelled wood surround and cornice, to left a C20 tripartite glazing bar sash and to right a glazing bar sash. to first floor are 4 glazing bar sashes. Interior. Room on left has full height panelling and an elliptical arch in a recess. The staircase is semi-circular with 2 fine twisted balusters to the tread, carved string and moulded handrail with fluted newel.

Listing NGR: TF3566499588

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195346

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing