THE MEAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307220
Date first listed:
16-May-1984
Statutory Address:
THE MEAD, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MEAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307220 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 20:37:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MEAD, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Broadland (District Authority)
Parish:
Coltishall
National Park:
THE BROADS
National Grid Reference:
TG 27094 19474

Details

TG 2719 COLTISHALL CHURCH STREET (south)

8/16 The Mead.

- II

House, dated 1740, extended to north west in C19. Built of red brick with pantile and slate roofs. 'L' shaped plan at 2 storeys and attics. Original house, 5 windows, the central bay set forward with brick pediment above eaves. Brick plinth, moulded brick platbands and rusticated brick quoins. Central C19 single storey brick porch with double ½ glazed entrance doors under splayed elliptical brick arch. Porch parapet of stone with iron balusters. Sash windows with glazing bars, stone sills and flat gauged brick arches. Venetian window with shouldered architrave in pediment. 2 gabled dormers with moulded timber verges and casements with glazing heirs. Moulded timber cornice, curved gables and C19 paired octagonal end stacks. C19 additions at each end, in matching style to the original. Irregular plan and fenestration with glazing bars and gauged brick arches: C19 clustered shafts with battlemented caps axially in south west hipped roof. Panelled rooms, good staircase. Dated 1740 with monogram I.S. on south gable.



Listing NGR: TG2709419474

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
228149
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/04132/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Laurie A. Saunders. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].