This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE WENTWORTH ARMS AND ADJOINING STABLES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE WENTWORTH ARMS AND ADJOINING STABLES

List entry Number: 1307251

Location

THE WENTWORTH ARMS AND ADJOINING STABLES, STATION ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Blaby

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Elmesthorpe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Jan-1970

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 189014

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ELMESTHORPE STATION ROAD SP 49 NE (south west side)

1/24 The Wentworth Arms and adjoining stables 19/1/1970 II

Public house and adjoining stables. Built 1896 to the designs of C F A Voysey for Lord Lovelace of Kirkby Mallory. Brick with Swithland slate hipped and gabled roofs. 3 large external lateral stacks. Single storey plus attics, 2 bays. The east front has a full width flat roofed bay with 2 five light strip casements, linked by a veranda over the recessed entrance to a flat roofed bay window projecting diagonally to the left. Above, to the right, a flat roofed dormer with an 8 light strip casement. Beyond, to the right, a pair of wooden gates and beyond them the outbuildings with a 2 light casement. South side has an approximately central doorway and flanking light under a common segmental head. Above the door, a 4 light strip casement. To the left, a 3 light casement with a segmental head. Above, to the right, a flat roofed dormer. North side has an arched recess formed by the external flues containing a cellar opening and above it, a 2 light casement, both with segmental heads. Above, on the stack, a datestone inscribed '1896'. The adjoining L- plan single storey stable range has to left a pair of carriage doors flanked by single stable doors, and beyond, to the right, a stable door and 3 small casements. Beyond again, a 2 bay open cartshed. Beyond again to the left, a private stable with a stable door. The interior has been entirely refitted c.1960.

Listing NGR: SP4710395778

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 47103 95778

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307251 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 08:32:57.

End of official listing