HOUSES AND SHOP 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE OLD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307252
Date first listed:
16-May-1984
Statutory Address:
HOUSES AND SHOP 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE OLD HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOUSES AND SHOP 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE OLD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307252 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 08:00:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOUSES AND SHOP 10 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE OLD HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Broadland (District Authority)
Parish:
Coltishall
National Grid Reference:
TG 26917 19728

Details

TG 2619 COLTISHALL CHURCH STREET (north)

8/7 Houses and shop 10 metres south west of the Old House.

G.V. II

2 terraced houses and shop. Dated 1739 of red brick and pebbledashed brick with pantiled roof. 1½ storeys. House to left, 2 windows with central door, extended further to left with later hipped roof pebbledashed section of one window. Shop, with C20 double shop front with central ½ glazed door. House to right one door and one window. Sash windows with glazing bars and segmental brick arches. Brick kneelers to parapet gables. Brick platband at attic floor level on east gable. 5 gabled dormers with C19 2-light casement windows. Gable stack and off centre axial stack. C18 pebbledashed wing contains 3- light window at first floor on west end, with wrought iron casement and old glass. Otherwise, pebbledashed extension not of special interest. Date plaque of east gable with monogram R.W. and dated 1739. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: TG2691719728

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
228140
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/04133/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Laurie A. Saunders. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].