GROUP OF 3 WILLIE FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 6 METRES EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307319

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 3 WILLIE FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 6 METRES EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 3 WILLIE FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 6 METRES EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307319 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 00:59:25.

Location

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 3 WILLIE FAMILY MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD, ABOUT 6 METRES EAST OF CHANCEL, CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane (District Authority)

Parish: Otterford

National Grid Reference: ST 22256 14311

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST21SW OTTERFORD CP OTTERFORD VILLAGE

8/52 Group of 3 Willie family monuments in churchyard, about 6 m east of chancel, Church of St Church of St Leonard

GV II

Group of 3 chest tombs. Northern one, early C19 Ham stone damaged ledger top, moulded cornice, fluted end pilasters, raised and fielded panels inscribed to Robert Willie of Whatley died 1820. Whatley Farmhouse (qv) bears an inscription with the name Rob. Willie 1814. Pair of 2 southern tombs, C17, Ham stone, flat topped, cyma recta moulded cornice, illegible inscriptions but name of Willie discernible on north face of southern tomb.

Listing NGR: ST2225614311

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 271220

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing