PEN-Y-DYFFRYN HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307392

Date first listed: 15-May-1986

Statutory Address: PEN-Y-DYFFRYN HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of PEN-Y-DYFFRYN HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307392 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 10:17:08.

Location

Statutory Address: PEN-Y-DYFFRYN HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Oswestry Rural

National Grid Reference: SJ 24256 30538

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 23 SW OSWESTRY RURAL C.P. RHYD-Y-CROESAU

1/207 Pen-y-Dyffryn Hall -

- II

Shown on O.S. map as Rectory. Rectory, now guest house. Probably c.1838, extended 1849 and 1856 with later additions and alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble, slate hipped roof with wide spreading eaves and yellow brick ridge stack to right. Main block of 3 x 2 bays, extended by 2 similar blocks to rear, which have datestones "RW 1849" and "RIN 1856" respectively. 2 storeys; 3-window front, glazing bar sashes (30-paned to ground floor and 16-paned to first floor) with wedge lintels and stone cills; central entrance, early C20 half-glazed door with plain fanlight in brick-arched recess. Rhyd-y-Croesau parish church (not included and situated in Wales) was built in 1838 and the rectory presumably dates from about this time.

Listing NGR: SJ2425630538

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 255685

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing