THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307534
Date first listed:
14-Jun-1954
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, 13 15, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307534 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 06:50:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, 13 15, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Rutland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Edith Weston
National Grid Reference:
SK 92683 05329

Details

EDITH WESTON

SK 90 NW CHURCH LANE (North Side)

3/57 Nos. 13 and 15 (The Old Rectory)

14.6.54

GV II

House. Dated 1626. Ashlar and coursed rubble stone with plinth and stone dressings and Collyweston slate roof with moulded stone right end and rear wing ridge and end stacks. Stone coped gables. Front faces Weston Road. 2½ storeys of 2 3-light stone mullion windows with hood moulds. On left end C20 stone porch and door and 3-light casement with similar over and 3-light stone mullion with hood mould in gable. On right end a 3-light stone mullion and C20 glazed door (entrance) with 2 similar 2-lights over and a similar 2-light in gable. All have hood moulds. Near gable apex a stone tablet inscribed W.A.F. 1626. This gable continues down in catslide roof with on rear a 2-light dormer. Projecting to rear of main range a large 2 storey wing with further stone mullion and casement windows and doors.

Listing NGR: SK9268305329

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
186887
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Mar 2004
Reference: IOE01/12007/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Ashley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].