THE OLD TOLL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307562

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD TOLL HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD TOLL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307562 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 05:33:28.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD TOLL HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Bratton Seymour

National Grid Reference: ST 66662 29548

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRATTON SEYMOUR CP ST62NE 4/35 The Old Toll House - II

Detached house, formerly toll house. Early C19. Cary stone cut and squared; hipped plain clay tile roof; brick chimney stack. Two storeys, 5-bay east elevation, of which bay 1 is a single-storey lean-to, and bays 3, 4 and 5 are C20 additions to match, Bay 2 is a projecting, chamfered wing, with 2-light small-pane casements to each face, with former doorway in south-east splay now blocked by matching window; upper windows bays 4 and 5 set into raked dormers, otherwise voussoired flat arches to windows. Studded boarded door in south wall of lean-to. C20 flat-roofed extension on west side. Interior not seen. Road turnpiked in 1765 by the Vale of Blackmoor Trust; it was transferred to the Wincanton Trust in 1824, which could be the building date.

Listing NGR: ST6666229548

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 261966

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing