CLANVILLE HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307582
Date first listed:
18-Mar-1986
Date of most recent amendment:
01-Sep-1989
Statutory Address:
CLANVILLE HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLANVILLE HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307582 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 16:42:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
CLANVILLE HOUSE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Ansford
National Grid Reference:
ST 62513 33041

Details

ANSFORD CP CLANVILLE ST 63 SW 1/24 Un-named house about 20 metres east of Orchard House II the address shall be amended to read: CLANVILLE Clanville House Farmhouse and the description shall be amended to read: Detached house. Dated 1749. Cary stone near-ashlar on lias stone plinth; Welsh slate roof between coped gables; brick end chimney stacks. Two storeys, 3 bays. Sash windows in plain openings, large paned, the lower windows paired, the upper with margins, all under timber lintols; central 6-panel door set in architrave with moulded anse-de-panier hood on console brackets; stone above inscribed ' R E M A 1749'. Single storey addition to west gable. Interior not seen.

------------------------------------

ANSFORD CP ST63SW CLANVILLE 1/24 Un-named house about 20 metres east of Orchard House - II Detached house. Probably late C18. Cary stone near-ashlar on lias stone plinth; Welsh slate roof between coped gables; brick end chimney stacks. Two storeys, 3 bays. Sash windows in plain openings, large paned, the lower windows paired, the upper with margins, all under timber lintols; central 6-panel door set in architrave with moulded anse-de-panier hood on console brackets. Single storey addition to west gable. Interior not seen.

Listing NGR: ST6251333041

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
261957
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].