YORTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307594

Date first listed: 28-Oct-1960

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Oct-1986

Statutory Address: YORTON HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of YORTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307594 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 12:36:12.

Location

Statutory Address: YORTON HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Myddle and Broughton

National Grid Reference: SJ5038222898

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 52 SW 8/1 28.10.60

BROUGHTON C.P. Yorton House (formerly listed as Yorton Villa)

II

Shown on O.S. map as Yorton Villa. Farmhouse, now house. Late C18, remodelled and extended c.1830. Stuccoed to front (lined as ashlar) over red brick; hipped slate roof, 2-span to rear. 2 and 3 storeys. Plinth, plat band at first-floor cill level, and dentil brick eaves cornice; pairs of integral rendered brick end stacks (left-hand at rear now demolished). 3 bays; glazing bar sashes, round-arched ground-floor windows with louvred shutters. Pair of central doors with 3 raised and fielded panels each, reeded architrave, segmental fanlight and surround with reeded pilaster strips, moulded imposts, and reeded archivolt with key; flight of 9 stone steps (some replaced with concrete in mid-C20) with low curving flanking walls and square end piers with globe finials. Circa 1830 two-bay addition set back to left with painted dressed sandstone plinth, plat band at first- floor cill level, dentil brick eaves cornice and 16-pane glazing bar sashes. Right-hand return front (of main block) with central ground- and first-floor round-arched windows (axial to central corridor). Rear of main block: 3 storeys. Segmental-headed glazing bar sashes, horizontal sliding to second floor. Interior not inspected. The owner (December 1985) suggests that the main entrance was formerly to the north-east (now a round-arched window) and was moved to its present position c.1830.

Listing NGR: SJ5038222898

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259994

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing