This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

RUNNINGTON HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: RUNNINGTON HOUSE

List entry Number: 1307638

Location

RUNNINGTON HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Langford Budville

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Jan-1956

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 270991

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LANGFORD BUDVILLE CP ST12SW RUNNINGTON 4/49 Runnington House 25.1.56 II Rectory, now private dwelling. Early C19, altered early C20. Rendered and roughcast over rubble, concrete tile roof;triple Roman tile to former coachouse wing with brick stack gable end, brick stack right gable end of main building,between first and second bays left and rising from gable end of bakehouse left. L-plan facing south-east, left wing with bakehouse abutting kitchen to left of entrance, right coach house range abutting drawing room, stairs at junction.Two storeys, 2:2;3 bays, first floor 9-pane sash windows, C20 replacements in 3 bays right of coach house, ground floor left single bay bakehouse with entrance, half glazed with radiating glazing bars, 12-pane sashes left of entrance,6-panel door, right 12-pane sashes flanking central casement with similar radiating glazing bars, (also on rear elevation to stair) to right semi-circular headed coach house entrance, two 2-light casements to right. Interior partly seen, early C19 stick stair, moulded plasterwork wine leaf frieze to right hand room. The rectory was sold in 1933.





































































Listing NGR: ST1186121830

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 11861 21830

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307638 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 03:43:04.

End of official listing