FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN AT STANDON GREEN END FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307675
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN AT STANDON GREEN END FARM, STANDON GREEN END

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN AT STANDON GREEN END FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307675 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 05:46:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN AT STANDON GREEN END FARM, STANDON GREEN END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Standon
National Grid Reference:
TL 35970 20021

Details

TL 32 SE STANDON STANDON GREEN END (north side)

1/22 Farmhouse and attached Barn at Standon Green End Farm

II

Farmhouse and attached barn. Mid C17 house (document suggests 1676) incorporating early C16 W crosswing. Barn C18 ('IH 1751' carved on post in porch bay) with bay next house taken into domestic use in late C18. Timber frame house on plinth, roughcast with smooth margins to openings. Ground floor renewed in roughcast brick with tile offset. Old red tile roofs with diaper pattern on W. Barn timber framed with dark weatherboarding and old red tile roofs. A T-shaped house facing S with barn extending N from rear of crosswing, facing E with porch in penultimate bay. 2 storeys house, with earlier W crosswing formerly jettied on S. Probably of 2 rooms with stair to rear and clasped purlin roof. C17 2-storeys main range higher and presumably replaced an open hall. (RCHM Typescript).

Listing NGR: TL3597020021

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
161157
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00642/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Harris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].