METHODIST CHURCH WITH RAILINGS ABUTTING TO NORTH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307697

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHURCH WITH RAILINGS ABUTTING TO NORTH, WINDMILL HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHURCH WITH RAILINGS ABUTTING TO NORTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307697 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 15:50:33.

Location

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHURCH WITH RAILINGS ABUTTING TO NORTH, WINDMILL HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane (District Authority)

Parish: North Curry

National Grid Reference: ST 31835 25113

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH CURRY CP WINDMILL HILL (North side) ST3125

10/89 Methodist Church with railings abutting to north (formerly listed as Methodist Chapel)

25.2.55

- II

Methodist chapel. Dated 1833, extensions c1900. Red brick, Flemish bond, hipped and pyramid slate roofs. Plan: rectangular chapel with set back vestry rooms attached at west corner. Two storeys, 1:3 bays, full height round-headed 4 x 3-pane moulded mullioned windows to chapel right, left in vestry rooms round headed 3 x 3-pane mullioned window first floor with 2 x 3-pane square headed window below, rectangular marble plaque set between; door right with fanlight facing in re-entrant angle of chapel, double doors with semi-circular headed lattice work top, both doorways sharing curved lead canopy with decorative valence, supported on vestry side by inserted late C20 section of brick wall. Ham stone tablet above chapel entrance, inscribed Wesleyan Chapel 1833, marble tablet in addition declares that it was erected in memory of Ann Mitchell Morris, died 1900. Cast iron railings in dwarf wall, decorative heads, continued north-east for about 20 m terminating in square red brick pier; fronting graveyard onto road. (Photograph in NMR).

Listing NGR: ST3183525113

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 270872

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing