THE FIELDS AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307704
Date first listed:
15-May-1986
Statutory Address:
THE FIELDS AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE FIELDS AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307704 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 03:47:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE FIELDS AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Oswestry Rural
National Grid Reference:
SJ 30789 25190

Details

SJ 32 NW OSWESTRY RURAL C.P. -

6/137 The Fields and - attached garden wall

GV II

Farmhouse. 1737 (datestone)largely re-modelled 1833 with later additions and alterations. Red brick, hipped slate roof with axial ridge stacks to left and right. 2 storeys; 3-window front, glazing bar sashes (16-paned to first floor and 20-paned to ground floor ) including dummy window to top centre; central entrance, half-glazed door with rectangular overlight under plain Doric porch. Superscription "JD/1833" on lead downpipe to rear. C18 range (possibly a former outbuilding) is set at an oblique angle to rear and linked to present main house by mid-C19 connecting range; 2 storeys with floor band, 3 bays but fenestration and ground-floor openings altered late C20, prominent ridge stack to right. Datestone "ID/1737" to back wall. Late C18 red brick garden wall attached to north and south sides of C18 range encloses rectangular area approximately 50m x 25m.

Listing NGR: SJ3078925190

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
255613
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 May 2000
Reference: IOE01/00311/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Myk Briggs. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].