Mill Farmhouse

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307723

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: Mill Farmhouse, Cruckmeole

Map

Ordnance survey map of Mill Farmhouse
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307723 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 17:49:24.

Location

Statutory Address: Mill Farmhouse, Cruckmeole

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Pontesbury

National Grid Reference: SJ 42926 09362

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 40 NW 4/170

PONTESBURY C.P. CRUCKMEOLE Mill Farmhouse

II Shown on O.S. map as Cruckmeole Mill. Mill, now farmhouse. Mainly c.1800, but millhouse incorporating parts of an earlier building, later additions and alterations. Red brick with yellow brick headers to house and grey brick voussoirs to openings on mill, concrete tile roof with ridge and end stacks.

Mill house L-shaped plan with mill at right-angles to north-east. House: two storeys with third storey to back range, dentilled eaves cornice; three-window front, sliding glazing bar sashes to first floor and three-light late C19 casements to ground floor, all with gauged heads; central entrance, six-panel door with fanlight under cast-iron trellised porch.

Mill: on three levels with dentilled eaves carried up round front gable; segmental-headed windows with cast-iron glazing bars flank doors, also with segmental heads, on ground and first-floor levels, gabled wooden projection for former hoist above; no machinery survives inside mill but position of former wheel can be seen against right-hand return.

Interior (of house): central bay of rear range is timber framed and has chamfered spine beams and joists with ogee stops on ground floor. A mill is first recorded on the site in 1308.

Listing NGR: SJ4292609362

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259473

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Shropshire, (1968), 259

End of official listing