THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307746

Date first listed: 14-May-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307746 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 04:48:44.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Acton Burnell

National Grid Reference: SJ5301402000

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ACTON BURNELL C.P., ACTON BURNELL, SJ 50 SW, 6/14

The Old School House

GV

II

Shown on O.S. map as school. School, now house. 1815 with additions of circa 1845. Rendered and lined as ashlar, probably over coursed sandstone rubble; hipped slate roof. Gothick style. One storey. High plinth, projecting end piers, external brick end stack to left and brick ridge stack to rear wing. 1:4 bays; three windows to right with intersecting Gothick tracery and raised architraves with impost blocks and keystones, that in centre a taller C20 wooden replacement with blocked architrave and larger keystone; mid-C19 gabled porch projecting at right-angles to left has cast iron Gothick window to front and segmental-headed boarded door in right-hand return front with side-light to right and chamfered reveals. Cast iron Gothick window in right-hand return front of main block. Mid-C19 one-storey and attic and 2-storey wing at rear. Interior: roof with arch-braced collar trusses and king posts above. V.C.H., Vol. VIII, p.6.



Listing NGR: SJ5301402000

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 259666

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Shropshire, (1908), 6

End of official listing